Scholarships for studying in Asia
Asia is by far the most populous continent in the world. Its economic, political and cultural importance is growing rapidly and the influence of Asia is only going to increase in the future. Studying abroad in Asia will provide you with more chances for success both at present and in the future.
Asia Exchange wishes to encourage students to study abroad in Asia. We award scholarships twice a year in value of up to 500 EUR for students from the following regions:
- The Americas
Please note that the scholarships are meant only for students participating or planning to participate in our programs. Other applications will not be processed.
The scholarship is granted for studying abroad for one semester at one of our partner universities when applying through us.
- Bali, Indonesia: Udayana University
- Bali, Indonesia, Warmadewa University
- Lombok, Indonesia: Mataram University
- Bangkok, Thailand: Rangsit University
- Bangkok, Thailand: Kasetsart University
- Bangkok, Thailand: Siam University
- Phuket, Thailand: Prince of Songkla University
- Shanghai, China: Shanghai University
- Seoul, South Korea: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Taipei, Taiwan: Shih Chien University
Conditions for granting the scholarship
- The applicant must be either from or currently studying in the following regions: Europe, the Americas and Australia
- The applicant must be currently enrolled at an institute of higher education (university, university of applied sciences etc.)
- If granted the scholarship, the recipient will commit to writing a blog during the study abroad semester and submitting a study abroad report after the program. On our website you can find examples of student blogs and reports.
Applying for the scholarship
You can apply for the scholarship by filling out the online application form below and submitting it before the scholarship application deadline.
Application is now open and will close on May 31st, 2018. The previous application period closed on November 30th, 2017.
Required attachments to the scholarship application
- One page Statement of Purpose in English
- Transcript of Records in English
In your Statement of Purpose, please answer the following questions:
- How would studying abroad in Asia benefit you academically?
- How could you encourage other students to study abroad in Asia in the future?
Students who are awarded the scholarship will be informed of the decision two weeks after the application deadline.
Remember that you may be eligible for scholarships and funding from your home university, government and various foundations supporting studying abroad, too. Read more about other kinds of scholarships here.