- Scan all the required attachments to your computer in PDF format.
- Fill out the online application form below and submit it with the required attachments.
Uploading and submitting the attachments
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us within 30 days of submitting the application or by the application deadline at the very latest.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
Confirmation, official acceptance letter and visa
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement in 1-7 days, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents. You’ll receive the official acceptance letter 1.5 months before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point. You need the official acceptance letter to apply for a student visa.
The application fee invoice will be sent to you soon after the initial acceptance letter. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below). You’ll receive the invoice for the tuition fee about 2.5 months before the semester starts.
If you’re unable to participate in the study abroad semester, you have the right to cancel your participation up to 1 month before the semester starts with no extra cost (the application fee will not be refunded, however). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation. We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate in the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
Students studying at Shanghai University for two semesters are also required to sign up for an additional health insurance authorized by the university and provided by a Chinese insurance company in the beginning of the semester. The price of the insurance is 400 RMB per semester.