Warmadewa International Summer Exchange
Take your summer to a whole new level and spend a month studying on the Island of Gods! Join Warmadewa University’s international summer school program, earn up to 12 ECTS and discover the amazing holiday island of Bali. Applying is easy and you’ll get a confirmation already in 1 week.
Semester dates and application deadlines
||August 6th – August 30th
||open now until May 31st, 2018
Key facts about Warmadewa University
Universitas Warmadewa, abbreviated as UNWAR, is a private university that was founded on 17 July 1984. It is ranked among the best universities in Indonesia. The university has 7 faculties and 19 study programs. Its name was proposed by the Governor of Bali, Ida Bagus Mantra to honor a former king of Bali, Sri Kesari Warmadewa. The big and modern campus area and its several faculties accommodate students from all around the world. Learn more about Warmadewa University.
Jalan Terompong No 24
University’s contact person
Prof. Dr. I Nyoman Kardana, M.Hum
Warmadewa International Summer Exchange (WISE)
Imagine the best summer of your life studying on the world-famous holiday island of Bali! Warmadewa International Summer Exchange (WISE) is a brand new summer school program where you can earn up to 12 ECTS credits in just a few weeks. At the same time you’ll be discovering the stunning paradise landscapes of Bali and enjoying the many recreational activities the island has to offer, such as surfing.
WISE introduces you Indonesian language, culture, tourism and business. You won’t be just sitting in the classroom either, but will get to take part in many interesting excursions and workshops as well.
Who is this program for?
Many young people dream of studying abroad, but not everyone has the time or means to take part in a full 4 month study abroad semester. If you’re one of these people and want to enjoy the benefits of studying abroad without committing months of your time, this program is for you.
Especially if you’re interested in Indonesia or South-East Asia, want to learn about new cultures and want to try what it’s like to study in a completely different environment from what you’re used to, look no further.
You don’t have to be studying in a particular field or even be currently enrolled at a university, college or similar institution. All that’s required is that you have an open and curious mind, are at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school. Learn more about application criteria.
Typical international students at Warmadewa University study business, technology, art, social sciences, political science and tourism. There are frequently students from many other fields as well. If you’re currently studying at a university or college, taking part in the summer school is an excellent opportunity to try something different and complement your degree with subjects outside of your field.
During your four weeks in Bali you’ll get to know other students from all over the world as well as local students. You’ll have the chance to make many new friends, learn about other cultures and improve your English skills.
No matter what your major is, studying abroad will be a great asset when entering the job market. It can positively impact your future career as well. Studying abroad will develop your creative thinking skills and intercultural competence, skills that are highly valued by employers in today’s globalized world.
Find out more about the studies in the program below.
Warmadewa International Summer Exchange introduces you to topics in language, culture and business. The program consists of the following Bachelor level courses. You can choose up to four (4) courses.
- Indonesian Language and Culture WISE41B01
- Tourism Development in Indonesia WISE41B02
- International Business and Marketing WISE33B03
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management WISE33M01
The course descriptions will be shortly made available.
The credits are granted in ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) points and can easily be transferred to your degree. Each of the courses is worth 3 ECTS. You’ll therefore get to earn up to 12 ECTS during your month in Bali. Find out more under study credits.
Each course takes place twice a week and consists of 7 lectures and a final exam.
The courses also include workshops and excursions. The lectures, workshops and excursions take place from Monday to Thursday. This gives you a long weekend for traveling and exploring Bali.
You are required to complete all the courses you select. There is a 75 % attendance policy in the courses. This includes the workshops and excursions, which are mandatory.
The fee for the Warmadewa International Summer Exchange program is 990 EUR (1090 USD for students outside of Europe). The application fee is 50 EUR (or 97 USD for students outside of Europe).
See what’s included in the fees.
There are several affordable accommodation options available near the campus. Find out more on our accommodation page. We’re also happy to help you with any accommodation related questions.
The Warmadewa International Summer Exchange program will be organized for the first time in summer 2018. That’s why we don’t have any testimonials or blogs from the program yet. Join the program and be the first to have your testimonial or blog featured on this page!
Below are some quotes, blogs and reports from students who have studied abroad in Bali for a full semester.
“I love this place from the bottom of my heart”
We’ve been here in Bali for 4 days now and I can already say that I love this place from the bottom of my heart. We’re staying at a luxurious villa and the monthly rent is not bad at all when shared with four people. Cleaning services, water, electricity and wireless Internet are all included in the rent.
– Katriina Kerttula, Finland
Blogs from Warmadewa University
From Corrientes to the World
Levke and Facundo are a multicultural couple (Germany and Argentina). They spend the autumn semester 2017 at the Warmadewa University in Bali.
Check the blog
Henkka’s Adventure in Bali
Henri is a 24-year-old student from Finland. This summer he will be taking a leap to a completely new world as he is going to study as an exchange student at Warmadewa University and explore the wonders of Indonesia for four months.
Check the blog
Become a blogger
Do you want to write a blog during your study abroad semester? We’re always on the lookout for good bloggers. If you’d like to write a blog and have us link to it from this page, let us know! Check out our hints and tips for bloggers.
Want to read more student experiences?
More blogs from Bali
Student interviews from Bali
Study Abroad Reports from Bali
Applying to the summer school program
- Applying to study abroad in the Warmadewa International Summer Exchange (WISE) program is easy and quick. You only have to fill out and submit the online application form below with a few attachments.
- You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement already within a week. After this you can already start planning your study abroad period.
- If you wish, you can combine studying in the WISE program and an autumn or summer semester in Warmadewa University’s WIP program. You can combine the summer school with any other of our universities and destinations as well, as long as the program schedules don’t overlap. When you apply to two programs, you get a 100 EUR / 120 USD discount on the tuition fee of the second program.
- You’ll also get to download a comprehensive Asia Exchange Guide for your destination. This Guide contains lots of useful information and helpful tips for your study abroad semester.
You can find detailed application instructions below, including information about fees and cancellation. Below you can also find a link to the application form. Please read the instructions carefully before you apply.
Who can apply?
To apply, you need to have at least
- a minimum age of 18 years
- a high school diploma or similar certificate.
- sufficient English skills (B2 level). You’re not required to take an official language test, however.
See the additional requirements.
- An official transcript of records of all your semesters in English (stamped by your home institution) or, if you are not currently enrolled at an institution of higher education, a copy of your high school diploma (or similar document) in English. Click the link above for an example transcript of records. The format may vary from university to university.
- A copy of the identification page of your passport. Please note that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after leaving Indonesia. If your passport expires earlier, please apply for a new passport early.
- Signature Page (See an example of a filled out signature page)
- Scan all the required attachments to your computer in PDF format.
- Fill out the online application form below and submit it with the required attachments.
Uploading and submitting the attachments
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. We won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us within 30 days of submitting the application or by the application deadline at the very latest.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
Confirmation, official acceptance letter and visa
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement in 1 week, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents.
You’ll receive the official acceptance letter 1.5 months before the program starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point.
You need the official acceptance letter to apply for a student visa.
Together with the initial confirmation you’ll receive an invoice for the application fee. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below). You’ll receive the invoice for the tuition fee about 2.5 months before the semester starts.
If you’re unable to participate in the program, you have the right to cancel your participation up to 1 month before the semester starts with no extra cost (the application fee will not be refunded, however). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation.
We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate in the beginning of the program. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
WISE Program Application Form
Note! After submitting the form, you will be redirected to a confirmation page and will receive a confirmation email. Check your inbox for the mail and if you don’t find it there, check your spam folder. If you haven’t received a confirmation email, please contact us immediately.