Study abroad in Bali at Warmadewa University – Warmadewa International Program
Find out more about studies, semester dates, fees and application deadlines at Warmadewa University, as well as information on how to apply to study abroad in Warmadewa University’s international program.
Semester dates and application deadlines
||April 2nd – July 19th
|| September 3rd – December 20th
|| September 3rd
||ended January 31st, 2018
||open now until June 18th, 2018
||May 24th – June 3rd
||October 25th – November 4th
2019 (all dates still tentative)
||April 1st – July 19th
||September 2nd – December 20th
||open now until December 31st, 2018
||open now until June 18th, 2019
Key facts about Warmadewa University
Universitas Warmadewa, abbreviated as UNWAR, is a private university that was founded on 17 July 1984. It is ranked among the best universities in Indonesia. The university has 7 faculties and 19 study programs. Its name was proposed by the Governor of Bali, Ida Bagus Mantra to honor a former king of Bali, Sri Kesari Warmadewa. The big and modern campus area and its several faculties accommodate students from all around the world. Learn more about Warmadewa University.
Jalan Terompong No 24
https://www.sastraunwar.ac.id/ (Faculty of Letters)
Warmadewa International Program (WIP)
University’s contact person
Prof. Dr. I Nyoman Kardana, M.Hum
Studying abroad at Warmadewa University
For international students, Warmadewa University offers a 4-month long Warmadewa International Program (WIP) as well as 4-week summer school program. You can join WIP either in the summer (April–July) or autumn (September–December). You can also join the program for two semesters. The summer school program takes place in August.
Warmadewa International Program (WIP)
Warmadewa University’s Warmadewa International Program (WIP) is an international, interdisciplinary study abroad program only available through Asia Exchange. Course topics include Indonesian language and culture, business, economics, strategic management, politics and environmental sustainability. There are both Bachelor’s and Master’s courses available. In addition to classroom studies, the program includes many interesting workshops and excursions as well.
The aim of the interdisciplinary program is to challenge you to more flexible, creative and diverse ways of thinking. At the same time, you’ll become familiar with Indonesia’s modern challenges and intriguing past.
Who is this program for?
If you’re someone who is curious about different cultures and interested in learning about Indonesian culture, society and history in depth, this program is ideal for you. At the same time, the more business-oriented courses will make it an excellent fit for anyone interested in a career in international business, especially in the South-East Asian region.
Even so, you don’t have to major in business to benefit from this program. Students from many fields have participated in this program in the past, with majors like languages, tourism, mathematics and engineering. The courses in the program can offer you refreshing new perspectives into whatever your field is.
The program is open to both international and local students. This means you’ll be able to build an international network of friends, get to know the local culture firsthand and improve your intercultural communication skills. These are valuable assets no matter what your future career will be.
Find out more about courses and studies in the program below.
Courses in the WIP program
Warmadewa University is responsible for the teaching and the transcript of records.
You can pick 3–7 courses per semester. The Indonesian Language course is mandatory for all students.
You can choose both Bachelor’s and Master’s level courses regardless of whether you are a Bachelor’s or Master’s level student.
The courses include workshops and excursions as well.
Indonesian Language WIP41B01 (Syllabus)
Advanced speakers of Bahasa Indonesia may contact us for further information on intermediate level language course.
Bachelor’s level courses
Indonesian Culture, Customs and Agriculture WIP41B02 (Syllabus)
Tourism Development in Indonesia WIP41B03 (Syllabus)
International Business and Marketing WIP33B04 (Syllabus)
International Business Law WIP10B05 (Syllabus)
Environmental Management and Sustainability WIP51B06 (Syllabus)
Ideology and Politics of Indonesia WIP21B07 (Syllabus)
Master’s level courses
Economy & Business of ASEAN WIP33M01 (Syllabus)
Strategic Management and Planning WIP33M02 (Syllabus)
Entrepreneurship and Business Management WIP33M03 (Syllabus)
The course selections are made beforehand. A course will be organized only if there is a sufficient number of participants.
All the courses, workshops and excursions have a 75 % attendance requirement. Failing to adhere to this requirement may lead to failing the course.
Lectures take place from Monday to Wednesday. The workshops and excursions are organized on Thursdays.
The semesters run for 16 weeks from April to July and September to December.
Credits & Grading
Each course is worth 5 ECTS, except the Indonesian language course, which is worth 6 ECTS. There are two graduate (Master) level courses. You may choose between 3 and 7 courses, which amount to 16–36 ECTS. The Indonesian language course is obligatory. The courses include workshops and excursions.
Activities outside class
On-campus facilities include tennis court, basketball court and language library.
You are more than welcome to participate in different kinds activities such as drama, dance and sports clubs. You can teach English and play with children at the children’s homes Seeds of Hope or YKPA during the semester. Exchange students are encouraged to participate in the same activities with local students such as jogging events. Students also like to form their own football, tennis and beach volley clubs.
All students accepted to study abroad at Warmadewa University need to get a student visa. We recommend all students to start the application process for the visa as soon as they get the required documents. However, you must not apply for the visa too early, because you must arrive in Indonesia within 90 days from the day the visa was issued on.
Read more about the visa application process here.
Warmadewa University Accreditation & Awards
- Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia
- Indonesian National BAN-PT Accreditation
- Platinum II Tri Hita Karana Award in recognition of consistency of maintaining the high standards (December 1, 2016)
- The top ten best campus given by Bali Best Brand Award (December 17, 2016)
Tuition fee: 1790 EUR / semester (WIP) or 990 EUR (International Summer Exchange)
Application fee: 50 EUR.
See what’s included in the fees.
Are you from outside of Europe? Find out more about the fees.
Benefits when applying via Asia Exchange
- Confirmation within one week
- Asia Exchange Guide with lots of information about studies, visas, accommodation and other tips
- Orientation days
- No English proficiency test required
- 100 EUR discount when you apply for two semesters.
You are free to choose your preferred accommodation among the available options.
There are plenty of accommodation options both near the campus and at popular tourist areas. The prices vary depending on the location and the amenities. Most of the students prefer renting a private villa with a pool as a group.
If you participate in the International Summer Exchange program, you can choose to have your accommodation arranged by Asia Exchange.
Find out more about accommodation.
Warmadewa International Summer Exchange (WISE)
Warmadewa International Summer Exchange is a brand new summer school program where you can earn up to 12 ECTS credits in just a few weeks. The program introduces you to to Indonesian language, culture, tourism and business.
Find out more about WISE
“I love this place from the bottom of my heart”
We’ve been here in Bali for 4 days now and I can already say that I love this place from the bottom of my heart. We’re staying at a luxurious villa and the monthly rent is not bad at all when shared with four people. Cleaning services, water, electricity and wireless Internet are all included in the rent.
– Katriina Kerttula, Finland
Find more testimonials and reviews on Facebook
Blogs from Warmadewa University
Henkka’s Adventure in Bali
Henri is a 24-year-old student from Finland. This summer he will be taking a leap to a completely new world as he is going to study as an exchange student at Warmadewa University and explore the wonders of Indonesia for four months.
Check the blog
Become a blogger
Do you want to write a blog during your study abroad semester? We’re always on the lookout for good bloggers. If you’d like to write a blog and have us link to it from this page, let us know! Check out our hints and tips for bloggers.
Videos from Warmadewa University
Want to read more student experiences?
More blogs from Bali
Student interviews from Bali
Study Abroad Reports from Bali
Applying to study abroad at Warmadewa University
- Applying to study abroad at Warmadewa University is easy and quick. You only have to fill out and submit the online application form below with a few attachments.
- If you wish, you can also apply for two semesters right away. You can study for two semesters at either Warmadewa University or combine any two destinations, as long as the semesters don’t overlap. When you apply for two semesters, you get a 100 EUR / 120 USD discount on the tuition fee of the second semester.
- You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement already within a week. After this you can already start planning your semester abroad.
- You’ll also get to download a comprehensive Asia Exchange Guide for your destination. This Guide contains lots of useful information and helpful tips for your study abroad semester.
- We’ll later invite you to a pre-departure webinar, where you’ll get further guidance and tips from our experienced staff, some of whom live in Bali. Warmadewa University will also organize an orientation event in the first week of the semester.
You can find detailed application instructions below, including information about fees and cancellation. Below you can also find the link to the application form. Please read the instructions carefully before you apply.
Who can apply
To apply, you need to have at least
- a minimum age of 18 years
- a high school diploma or similar certificate.
- sufficient English skills (B2 level). You’re not required to take an official language test, however.
See the additional requirements.
- An official transcript of records of all your semesters in English (stamped by your home institution) or, if you are not currently enrolled at an institution of higher education, a copy of your high school diploma (or similar document) in English. Click the link above for an example transcript of records. The format may vary from university to university.
- A copy of the identification page of your passport. Please note that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after leaving Indonesia. If your passport expires earlier, please apply for a new passport early.
- Signature Page (See an example of a filled out signature page)
- First download the signature page (document 3) to your computer and fill in the required information.
- After that scan all the required documents (1–3) to your computer.
- Finally fill out the online application form below and submit it with all the documents.
Uploading and submitting the attachments
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us within 30 days of submitting the application or by the application deadline at the very latest.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
Confirmation, official acceptance letter and visa
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement in 1 week, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents.
You’ll receive the official acceptance letter 1.5 months before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point.
You need the official acceptance letter to apply for a student visa.
The application fee invoice will be sent to you soon after the initial acceptance letter. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below). You’ll receive the invoice for the tuition fee about 2.5 months before the semester starts.
If you’re unable to participate in the study abroad semester, you have the right to cancel your participation up to 1 month before the semester starts with no extra cost (the application fee will not be refunded, however). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation.
We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate in the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
Warmadewa University Application Form
Note! After submitting the form, you will be redirected to a confirmation page and will receive a confirmation email. Check your inbox for the mail and if you don’t find it there, check your spam folder. If you haven’t received a confirmation email, please contact us immediately.