Courses in the BIPAS program
Udayana University is responsible for the teaching. organizing of workshops and excursions and the transcript of records. You can pick 4 – 7 courses per semester. The course Indonesian Language is included in this and mandatory for everyone.
You can choose both Bachelor’s and Master’s level courses regardless of whether you are a Bachelor’s or Master’s level student.
- Indonesian Language BIP1015-6EL (6ECTS) Syllabus
or Indonesian Language BIP1015-3EL (3ECTS) Syllabus*
or Intermediate Indonesian BIP1015-6IN (6 ECTS) Syllabus**
* The Indonesian Language course is offered at two different scopes: 6 ECTS and 3 ECTS. The 6 ECTS course has two classes per week and the 3 ECTS course one class per week.
** Students with already some knowledge of Indonesian may enroll for the Intermediate Indonesian course. Enrollment takes place at the destination.
Bachelor’s level courses
- Economy and Business of South East Asia BIP1013 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- Comparative Regional Studies in Indonesia BIP1012 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- International Tourism Management BIP1011 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- International Business Law BIP1014 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- International Entrepreneurship BIP1017 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- International Business BIP1018 (5 ECTS) Syllabus Limited enrollment
- Global Marketing BIP1019 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- Cross-Cultural Communication BIP1024 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
Master’s level courses
- International Relations and Communication BIP1021 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- Environmental Management and Sustainability BIP1023 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- Managing Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies BIP1025 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- Globalization and Social Change BIP1026 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
Making your course selections
Course selections are made a few months before the semester starts by submitting an electronic course selection form. The course selections are binding and cannot be changed at the destination, unless you have failed to enroll in a certain course that is required by your home university and you are able to provide written proof in English of this requirement.
The course International Business BIP1018 has limited space for enrollment. Students will be accepted to the courses on a first come first served basis. Depending on course choices, all the students who have applied during the latter half of the application period may not be accepted to all the courses they initially choose.
You are required to complete all the courses you have selected beforehand. There is a 75 % obligatory attendance. Failure to adhere to this requirement may lead to failing the course.
Workshops and excursions
The program offers various workshops and excursions. Some of the workshops/excursions are mandatory.
At the beginning of the semester you will have a chance to visit the Seeds of Hope children’s home which Asia Exchange supports through its charity activities.
During the semester you also get the chance to participate in exciting activities and events organized by Asia Exchange’s partners.
Course and semester dates
Semesters last 16 weeks. The autumn semester runs from September to December and the spring semester from January to May. The semester starts with a traditional Balinese welcome ceremony and orientation days where Asia Exchange is also present. The orientation week ends in a Semester Kick-Off Party.
The teaching and lectures take place on the Jimbaran international campus of Udayana University. The mandatory workshop and, e.g. the orientation days take place on the Denpasar campus of Udayana University. Lectures and teaching happen from Monday to Wednesday. Workshops and excursions usually take place on Thursdays or Fridays.
You can apply all year around. Make sure to apply to the semester of your choice before the application deadline.