Who processes your data
Vuorikatu 3 L 3
33100 Tampere, Finland
Whose data do we process
- Potential customers
- Website users
- Job applicants
Data that we process
Personal data related to e.g. application process, customer service and other information services such as webinars as well as for marketing purposes.
Why do we process your data
- To complete your application process to our study abroad programs
- Customer service
Where do we get the data from
We collect data from applicants to our study abroad programs through the application forms on our website.
Data from those interested in our services is collected in the following ways:
- When you contact us through out website, a contact form
- When you send an email to our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you sign up to our mailing list, a newsletter subscription form
- When you register for our webinars, a webinar registration form
The data from job applicants is collected through a job application form.
Who else processes your data
Our partner universities and/or other partners on a case by case basis, such as
- Study abroad agent organizations
- Sending universities
We also make use for various kinds of cloud services for the purpose of storing and processing your data.
How long do we have your data
Customer data is stored as long as necessary for providing the agreed services or up to 6 months after the end of the semester/last contact, unless otherwise specified. After this, we may still store relevant, anonymized data for e.g. statistical purposes.
How do we protect your data
- With protected internet connection
- Encrypting information
- Limited access to data registers
- Confidentiality agreements with persons handling the data
- Access to the collected data
- Rectifying data
- Deleting data (right to be forgotten)
- Restricting data processing
- Data portability
1. Asia Exchange’s Role and Commitment to Privacy
Asia Exchange Ltd., Vuorikatu 3 L 3 33100 Tampere, Finland (henceforth “AE”) is committed to processing any personal data in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of personal data.
2. Personal Information
The kind of personal information that we collect from you is information that could allow you to be personally identified such as:
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Country of residence
- IP Address
- Institute name and address
- Educational background
- Browser and device information
- Server log file information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Location information
- Other information provided in the application process, including passport number and date of birth
The ways in which we may collect personal information from you:
- Through email: If you contact our customer service using email, we will store your email address and your name (depending on your email provider) solely for the purpose of handling your contact request.
- Offline: We may collect personal information from you offline, for example when you contact our customer service via phone.
- Other Sources: We may receive your personal information from third parties such as your home university or other partners.
- Through your browser or device:Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device. We use this information for statistical purposes as well as to ensure that the sites function properly.
- Through server log files: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited.
- Using cookies: Cookies allow a web server to transfer data to a computer or device for recordkeeping and other purposes. Here is a list of the cookies used on this website:
_ga, _gat, _utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmli, r/collect
Purpose: Site Operations and Optimization, Ad Targeting
Page: Google Analytics
These cookies of various duration (a mix of session and “permanent” cookies lasting 30 mins, 6 months, or 50 months) anonymously collect data about our website traffic, including the search terms used and referring sites. This data is used for improving the functionality of the website. The r/collect cookie collects data to measure efficiency of viewed or clicked ads and shows targeted ads.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and install the application. The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on does not prevent information from being sent to the website itself or in other ways to web analytics services.
Purpose: Site Operations and Optimization
Purpose: Conversion tracking, Optimization and Remarketing
For information on how to opt out visit here.
Duration: 1 year. Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic
__atuvc, __atuvs, _at.cww, loc, uid, uvc, vc, xtc
Purpose: Social Sharing and Tracking
These cookies are mix of session and “permanent” cookies connected to the social sharing icons you can see in blog posts and some other pages. These cookies collect information from visitors, which are designed to identify the devices used by visitors as well their location on a state level. This information does not directly identify you as an individual. Some of these cookies also have the purpose of making sure the user sees the updated social share count if they share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated. No data from that cookie is sent back to AddThis and removing it when disabling cookies would cause unexpected behavior for user.
PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC
Purpose: View Statistics and User Bandwith Estimation
How you can refuse or opt out of cookies
The ways in which we use your personal information
- To complete your registration and offer you services, as well as communicate with you regarding your registration and provide you with customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or to respond to your questions and comments.
- To provide you with updates and announcements concerning your registration, our products and programs, and to send you invitations to participate in certain events.
- For our business purposes, such as business analysis, market research, developing new services, improving our website, services and products, identifying user trends, analyzing the effectiveness of our campaigns, improving the site experience and content based on your activities, and estimating customer satisfaction and providing customer service.
- If necessary or appropriate under applicable law, to comply with legal process, to respond to requests from public authorities, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations or our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or of our affiliates, you or other parties, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
3. Security Measures
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. We use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours. We also employ firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. However, any data transmission over the Internet or data storage system cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Physical access to your data is prevented by access control and other security measures. Access to your data requires sufficient rights and thorough identification. Only the authorized persons have the right to process and maintain information contained in our registers. All data processors are bound by confidentiality obligation. Back-ups are made securely of the register data. The level of information security constantly observed by us.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us.
4. Third Parties
AE may disclose your personal data to our business partners for e.g. marketing and/or organizational purposes as well as billing and accounting purposes. We may share your personal information with business partners with whom we offer services, or other third-party representatives who provide services on our behalf. We may also authorize third-party representatives to collect information on our behalf. Third parties have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we adhere to.
Your personal data will be processed by AE both within and outside the EU for the purpose of completing your registration, providing you with the services that you have signed up for and for customer service and marketing activities. Because our teams are based in local offices globally, our headquarters is in Finland, and the universities where the customers take the classes are in different offices globally, we may share your personal data with our corporate affiliates and business partners both within and outside the EU. The partners that we share information with are only those that need access to the personal information to process your registration and offer you services. Partners will only receive the information necessary for that purpose. Please note that the business partners may change from time to time.
AE processes your personal data in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection legislation. By using our services, you acknowledge and consent to these potential data transfers. You ought to be aware that countries outside the EU may not afford similar legal protections to personal information as countries within the EU. Data transfers will be made in accordance with the applicable legislation and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure that third parties involved will provide an adequate level of protection. Any future partner of ours will be required to do the same.
5. Data Access and Modification
To review, correct, modify, delete or otherwise limit our use of your information that has been provided to us, please use the “Contact Us” form and clearly describe your request. Please indicate the kind of information you request and how you would like to change it.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us, you may use the “unsubscribe” feature in the marketing email you received. You may also inform us by emailing or writing to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contact Us” section. When making such a request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving marketing emails from us. Opting out of marketing-related messages however will not opt you out of important administrative messages.
We will aim to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than 30 days after we received your request. There may however be information that will remain in our databases and records, which cannot be removed or changed. We may need to retain certain information for record keeping/statistical purposes and/or to complete any actions that have been started before your request.
6. Retaining your personal information
We may continue to process your information to fulfill our legitimate business objectives as well as for statistical records and analytical purposes. We will only store and process information that is relevant for this purpose. This means that your data will be anonymized.
7. Sensitive Information
Any sensitive personal information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political views, religion, health, criminal background etc.) will only be collected if deemed necessary to provide services. Any such information shall be processed with extra caution.
8. Children’s privacy
AE does not offer services directed to children under 18 years old. Should it come to our attention that a minor has provided any personal data for us, this data shall be deleted immediately.
10. Contact Us
- No longer want to be contacted by us
- Would like to know what kind of information we have about you, or if you would like a copy of the personal information record we have about you. An administration fee for providing you with the requested information may apply, to cover handling costs. Request for this information ought to be sent on a written notice. Your personal data shall be provided to you in an electronic form.
- If you think that any personal information we have about you is inaccurate, out-of-date or irrelevant.
- Want to remove any and all information related to you.