Accommodation during your studies in Taipei
Shih Chien University provides two good-quality off-campus dormitories for international students. The other dormitory, Song-Jiang, is for male students only.
You can indicate your preferred accommodation choice when filling in the Asia Exchange application form. Kindly inform us if you have any special requests such as roommate requests (same-sex roommates only). You are also asked to fill in a separate accommodation form a few months before the semester starts.
You can move into the dorm at the earliest on the official registration day, which is approximately three days before the semester starts. You can stay in the dorm until the last official day of the semester. If you stay for two semesters, you are allowed to stay in the dorm during the period between semesters as well for an extra fee.
Huan Shan Dorm
- Address: No. 46, Sec. 1, Huanshan Rd., Neihu Dist., Taipei
- Distance from campus: 10 to 15 minutes by bus
- Nearest MRT station: Xihu Station (Wenhu Line)
- Cost per semester: 16,000 – 35,000 NTD
- Deposit: 500 NTD
- Room types: 2-person room with window, 4-person room with window, 4-person room without window
- Room facilities: bed, desk, chair, closet, wi-fi. Students must bring their own mattress, blankets, pillows and bed linen
- Shared toilets and showers, except in 2-person rooms
- Common rooms: refrigerator, microwave, washing machines, TV, air conditioning
- Address: F11-1, No.293, Songjiang Rd. (9th Ave.), Taipei
- Distance from campus: 30 to 35 minutes by bus
- Nearest MRT station: Xingtian Temple Station (Zhonghe-Xinlu Line)
- For male students only
- Cost per semester: 27,000 NTD
- Deposit: 500 NTD
- Room types: rooms for 2, 3, 4 or 6 people
- Room facilities: bed, desk, chair, blanket, mattress, wi-fi. Students must bring their own pillows and bed linen
- Shared toilets and showers
- Common rooms: kitchen, washing machines, TV, air conditioning
Prices given above may change without further notice.
It is also possible to look for the accommodation independently. Many international students choose to do so and there are plenty of accommodation options available in Taipei.
Finding short-term accommodation in Taipei
If you have the need for short-term accommodation for just a few nights, Agoda can help you find affordable good deals.