Accommodation during your studies in Bangkok
Most of our students live in shared flats with one to three other people. Many of the flats are in high rises that have a rooftop terrace, swimming pool, gym, cleaning staff and security. There are also options for those who prefer to live alone or with local students. The rent for a shared flat is approximately 150–300 EUR a month.
We list more options near the universities in the Asia Exchange Guide sent to you two months before the beginning of the semester. You can find roommates in advance in the Facebook group created for your semester.
- TPY5 Service Apartment (formerly Thanpuying Suites) – These well-equipped apartments are only a 10-minute walk away from the university. Very pleasant pool area and a well-equipped gym. Monthly rent for a mid-sized apartment is around 18 000 THB including electricity and a weekly cleaning service. TPY5 Service Apartment has recently undergone a renovation. One apartment unit (including smaller private rooms) can accommodate 4-5 students.
- The Plimplace – Studios, approx. 9000 THB per month. Normally only contracts for half a year. No swimming pool.
- Chapter One – This new condo, completed in 2015, has seven 8-storey buildings with a total of 768 residential units. It is located only 300 metres from Kasetsart University campus. Prices range from 9,000 to 12,000 THB per month.
- The Ravipha
- Vibhavadi Tower – One of the most luxurious accommodation options in the area. One or two room apartments, swimming pool, gym, cleaning service and 24h security surveillance.
- Sawasdee Place – Rooms available in different sizes and prices. Electricity is not included in the rent.
- Porn-Uthai Suite – One to three room apartments. Prices range from 12,000 to 45,000 THB per month. The apartments are well-equipped. There is a swimming pool, gym, laundry service and a small restaurant in the residence.
- Mai-Nam Villa – A few small rooms in a calm location approx. 2 km from the university. An affordable and pleasant option, especially if you want to live alone. There’s a small swimming pool in the residence, too.
- Chang Tower – Apartments in the “Elephant house” are suitable for groups of friends. Spacious apartments, big pool and a sauna.
- Supalai – One to two room apartments, a swimming pool and services such as massage therapists, hairdressers and a small convenience store.
- Twin Town Mansion – Several small but affordable apartments.
- Bann Chaliang Apartment
- Sivalai Place – the complete package with a swimming pool, tennis courts and a gym. Sivalai Place also accommodates international students from other universities in Bangkok. The staff is very helpful and the location has been popular. You can make a reservation at Sivalai Place in advance by e-mail.
- Supalai Park Ratchaphruek-Phetkasem has received great reviews from students. It has a very convenient location, only 10 minutes walking distance from the Siam University and Bang Wa BTS station. The rooms are very spacious and cozy and there is a great view from the rooftop. There are 3 different agencies downstairs, and the easiest option is to pay a visit here and ask them about available rooms. Students have been very pleased with the service they have received there. Please note that they ask for two months’ deposit and one month’s rent and only accept cash. Price: 9000–16000 BHT per month plus electricity and water
- Other popular accommodation options among international students have been e.g. Amarin Mansion, The President and Siam Complex.
Short-term accommodation in Bangkok
If you want to book short-term accommodation for just a few nights such as for the first days after your arrival, Agoda can help you find affordable hostels and hotels.