Studying abroad should be on your New Year’s resolution list!
Welcome 2019! Yes, it´s that time of the year again when, after weeks of excessive food consumption of mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, roast beef and ham, we start to reevaluate some of our life choices. Thoughts like “what have I done”, “what can I improve” and “what do I want to achieve” are questions that help you find the answers to start making the changes you want to make in your life.
So, what are your New Year’s resolutions? Hold on – keep it to yourself! Do not share your self-improvement bucket list because it is private, but can I give you an essential tip to include in your notes? Two words: study abroad. Mind blown, I know! I can assure you that spending a semester or two abroad is a life-changing experience you will never forget.
Finding new routines than the ones you have in your everyday life and adapting to new cultures are lifetime guarantees that life will never go back to what it used to be. Isn´t that the crème de la crème of all the golden tickets to become a better you?
You might also be interested in: Reach Your Full Potential By Getting Out Of Your Comfort Zone
Not convinced? Then let me clarify with 15 reasons why studying abroad should be your New Year’s resolution:
1. You will become more independent as family and friends are no longer around to help
2. The whole world starts feeling like home
3. You start seeing possibilities and it helps you to become more successful in
everything you do
4. You start living in the moment
5. It broadens your horizon
6. You will refine your decision-making skills
7. It enhances your creativity
8. You get a better understanding of what your strengths and flaws are
9. Connecting with fellow students from all around the world help you embrace diversity
10. You will become a great storyteller
11. Networking in a foreign country will develop the skills and confidence you need to network in the business world back home
12. You will boost your resume
13. It´s an opportunity to pick up new hobbies like surfing, yoga or photography
14. You start focusing more on gathering experiences and memories rather than materialistic things, which is better for your wallet and health
15. It improves your social and communication skill
Asia Exchange is a Finnish company providing study abroad opportunities in Asia Pacific for students from all around the world. Want to get travel tips and new blog posts straight to your inbox? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! If you have any questions about studying abroad, feel free to contact us! We’ll get back to you!
This article was written by our digital marketing coordinator Fabian!