Minimum requirements for participation
- A minimum age of 18 years (you must be 18 years old at the time of your application)
- A high school diploma or similar certificate
- Sufficient language proficiency to understand lectures given in English (taking a TOEFL language proficiency test is not necessary unless separately requested)
In addition, some of the universities require students to be enrolled at an institution of higher education during the program.
|University||Enrollment required||Enrollment not required|
|Universiti Putra Malaysia||x|
|Prince of Songkla University||x|
|Hankuk University of Foreign Studies||x|
|Shih Chien University||x|
|Summer School in Bali||x|
|HUFS Summer Session||x *|
* Students with an associate degree are also eligible. If you have only a secondary degree and wish to participate in the HUFS Summer Session, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can apply even if you…
- are not currently enrolled in a university (see table above)
- are studying at an open university/community college
- are about to graduate
- have already studied abroad before (whether through Erasmus or any other kind of exchange program)
- come from a university that doesn’t have an existing bilateral agreement with one of our host universities
- are planning to study abroad with a friend or significant other, or want go abroad as a part of a larger group
- can’t find courses that are part of your major
- have family
- In order to apply, you are expected to have sufficient funding for covering all the necessary costs, including the application fee, tuition fee, visa, flights, accommodation and other living expenses. See budgeting for an overall picture of all the costs involved. See our funding page for more information on financing your studies abroad.
- When applying to our programs, you commit to completing the minimum amount of courses required by the host university and adhering to its attendance policies. Depending on the destination, this might mean taking 2–5 courses, attending 75 % of the lectures for each course. Adhering to these requirements is necessary for you to get a transcript of records at the end of your study abroad period. Also, if you are found to not follow the requirements set by the host university, it has the right to cancel your student visa.