STUDYING IN LOVABLE LOMBOK
We offer you an exclusive chance to study in Lombok, an Indonesian island on the verge of its breakthrough. If the neighboring big sister Bali is the current global rock star filling the stadiums all over the world, Lombok is bubbling under and the next big thing everyone will be raving about. Only a 25 minutes flight or couple of hours boat trip away from Bali, Lombok is ready for the fame.
The international program at Mataram University can be joined for one semester. It’s easy to apply and your placement will be confirmed within a week.
HIGHLIGHTS OF STUDYING ABROAD IN LOMBOK
- Be among the first. Lombok is not widely known yet, but will be anytime soon.
- Get an exclusive experience. You’ll get a chance to take part in a program provided through our exclusive agreement with Mataram University.
- Get a chance to study in one of the oldest and most respected universities in the area. Mataram University was founded already in 1962.
- The Lombok International Study Program (LISP) is the only semester long international study program in Lombok.
- Both Bachelor and Master level courses, workshops, excursions and extracurricular activities.
- Interaction with local and other international students. The student base is truly international and it’s easy to get in touch with students from Indonesia and all over the world.
- Short distance to many of the most beautiful islands and beaches in Indonesia.
- Our growing staff in Bali will be near you to help you get the best out of your experience.
Mataram University – Lombok, Indonesia
Indonesia is the fourth most populous country in the world and has approximately 2000 institutions of higher education. Mataram University, or UNRAM, has already more than 50 years of tradition, since it was established in 1962. Their first office was founded at the historical Indonesian site of Taman Mayura Cakranegara, but moved to current establishment in 1993.
Mataram University is a public university operating under the National Education Ministry. The university runs eight faculties and teaches about 34 000 students. International students in Lombok come mainly from Asian countries, but there is a growing interest from Western countries as well.
Mataram University has a growing international network. In 2009 there were 75 international students in Mataram, but the number is growing due to the growing world-wide interest in studying in Lombok.
COURSES AND STUDYING
Asia Exchange students take part in the LISP program (Lombok International Study Program), an international and interdisciplinary study program taught in English. The program is ideal for anyone interested in combining academics with unforgettable experiences in an exotic environment. The program includes courses in business, economics, culture and languages. The courses include workshops and excursions.
The goal of the program is to increase students’ knowledge of Indonesia and Asia in an international and stimulating environment. In accordance with the lecturers’ diverse international backgrounds, the program challenges students to a more universal, analytic and interdisciplinary way of thinking and learning.
The program consists of the following courses:
- Indonesian Language 10 ECTS (LISP1010) – Undergraduate (Syllabus)
- Indonesian History and Culture 5 ECTS (LISP1011) – Undergraduate (Syllabus)
- Business Management 5 ECTS (LISP1013) – Undergraduate (Syllabus)
- Economy and Business of ASEAN 5 ECTS (LISP1014) – Graduate (Syllabus)
- International Business and Marketing 5 ECTS (LISP1015) – Graduate (Syllabus)
Students have to choose at least four courses, of which Indonesian Language (LISP1010) is mandatory. Undergraduate students also have the chance to complete graduate level courses. Credits are granted in ECTS points and can easily be transferred to your degree.
A semester tuition fee at Mataram University is 1390 EUR (2500 USD for non-European students). The application fee is 75 EUR.
The tuition fee is paid before the start of the study abroad program. If you want to apply for a second semester at any other Asia Exchange’s partner university, you get a 100 EUR discount on the tuition fee of the second semester. Read more about the benefits of spending two semesters abroad here.
In addition to the study place, you will benefit from Asia Exchange’s services, receive an AE Guide, Orientation Days and an Ice-Breaking event at the first weekend of the semester. The study materials are either provided free-of-charge or can be purchased very affordably.
APPLYING TO MATARAM UNIVERSITY
Applying to Mataram University is easy and you will get a confirmation from Asia Exchange within a week from sending in your application.
FOR WHOM IS THE PROGRAM INTENDED?
The LISP program is a perfect fit especially for business students, but anyone who decides to complement their degree with interesting minor subjects will benefit from studying in Lombok.
Regardless of your study background, the study abroad period will always be seen as an asset when entering the job market and competing for jobs. Studying abroad will develop creative thinking skills and intercultural competence, which are highly valued by employers in today’s globalized world.
The island of Lombok, so-called unspoiled Bali, is a true paradise for anyone interested in natural beauty, indigenous culture and traditional way of life in a tropical setting. Not forgetting the devoted sun bathers or surfers who can enjoy the white beaches and wonderful waves all around the island.