STUDYING IN BEAUTIFUL BALI, INDONESIA
Study in Bali Indonesia and spend an unforgettable semester in one of the most beautiful regions of the world! The international program at Udayana University can be joined either for one or two semesters. It’s easy to apply and your placement will be confirmed within a week.
HIGHLIGHTS OF STUDYING ABROAD IN BALI
- The tropical island of Bali provides a unique setting for your exchange studies.
- The Bali International Program on Asian Studies (BIPAS) is the biggest and the only genuinely international study program in Bali. We have students typically from 10-15 different countries.
- Both Bachelor and Master level courses, workshops, excursions and extracurricular activities.
- Our Destination Manager and interns in Bali assist you to get the best out of your experience.
- The best student feedback.
UDAYANA UNIVERSITY – BALI, INDONESIA
Indonesia is the 4th most populous country in the world and has approximately 2000 institutions of higher education. Udayana University, or Unud, is among the top 20 of them.
Udayana University is the largest and most renowned university in Bali. Founded in 1962 by the Ministry of Education, the university sports 13 faculties and teaches 22,000 students. Most of the international students come to study in Bali from China, Japan, Malaysia, German-speaking countries, Nordic countries, the Netherlands and the United States.
Udayana University has a comprehensive international network and its different faculties have overseas partner universities in all continents.
COURSES AND STUDYING
Asia Exchange students take part in the BIPAS program, an international and interdisciplinary study program taught in English. The program is ideal for anyone interested in combining academics with unforgettable experiences in an exotic environment. The program includes courses in business, economics, marketing, law, tourism, culture and languages. The courses include workshops and excursions.
The goal of the program is to increase the students’ knowledge of Indonesia and Asia in an international and stimulating environment. In accordance with the lecturers’ diverse international backgrounds, the program challenges students to a more universal, analytic and interdisciplinary way of thinking and learning.
The program consists of the following courses:
- Economy and Business of South East Asia BIP1013 (Syllabus)
- Indonesian History, Ethnology, Culture and Customs BIP 1012 (Syllabus)
- International Tourism Management BIP1011 (Syllabus)
- Business Law and Legal Tradition on Trade and Investment BIP1014 (Syllabus)
- Indonesian Language BIP1015* (Syllabus)
- Indonesian Literature BIP1016 (Syllabus)
- International Entrepreneurship BIP1017 (Syllabus)
- International Business BIP1018 (Syllabus) Limited enrollment
- Global Marketing BIP1019 (Syllabus)
- International Relations and Communication BIP1021 (Syllabus)
- International Accounting and Finance BIP1022 (Syllabus) Limited enrollment
- Environmental Management and Sustainability BIP1023 (Syllabus)
* Students with already a good command of Indonesian can enroll for an Advanced Indonesian Course. Enrollment takes place at the destination after a language proficiency test.
Credits are granted in ECTS points and can easily be transferred to your degree. You can choose between 5 – 7 courses. The three graduate / Master’s level courses can be taken by Bachelor students as well.
Some of the courses have limited space for enrollment. Students will be accepted to the courses on a first come first served basis. Depending on course choices, all the students who have applied during the latter half of the application period may not be accepted to all the courses they initially choose.
The course ‘Indonesian Literature’ is mainly offered in the autumn semester if the minimum of 20 students enroll.
A semester tuition fee at Udayana University is 1840 EUR.
The application fee is 50 EUR.
Non-European students: check the fees here.
When participating in two semesters at the Udayana University in Bali, students will be given a 100 EUR discount on the tuition fee of the second semester. The tuition for both semesters is paid before the start of the study abroad program. You also get the same discount if you apply for a second semester at any other Asia Exchange’s partner university. Read more about the benefits of spending two semesters abroad here.
In addition to the study place, you will benefit from AE’s services, receive an AE Guide, Orientation Days and an Ice-Breaking event at the first weekend of the semester. The study materials are either provided free-of-charge or can be purchased very affordably.
Applying to Udayana University in Bali
Applying to Udayana University is easy and you will get a confirmation from Asia Exchange within a week from sending in your application.
FOR WHOM IS THE PROGRAM INTENDED?
The typical participants are students of business, technology, art, social sciences, political science and tourism. There are frequently students from other study backgrounds as well, who decide to complement their overall degree with interesting minor subjects.
Regardless of your study background, the study abroad period will be seen as an asset when entering the job market and competing for jobs later on in life. Studying abroad will develop creative thinking skills and intercultural competence, which are highly valued by employers in today’s globalized world.
The island of Bali, despite being small, caters to all ages and interests from golfing to local culture and arts, in addition to the devoted sun bathers who can enjoy the white sandy beaches all around the island. Are you interested in studying in Bali, and love surfing? Find out more about combining the two on our Surf and Study -page.
We also recommend checking out the blogs below, updated by exchange students in Bali.