STUDYING IN BEAUTIFUL BALI, INDONESIA
Study in Bali Indonesia and spend an unforgettable semester in one of the most beautiful regions of the world!It’s easy to apply and your placement will be confirmed within a week. The program can be joined either for one or two semesters.
The island of Bali, despite being small, caters to all ages and interests from golfing to local culture and arts, in addition to the devoted sun bathers who can enjoy the white sandy beaches all around the island. Are you interested in studying in Bali, and love surfing? Find out more about combining the two on our Surf and Study -page.
We also recommend checking out the blogs below, updated by students who are currently/spent the previous semester in exchange in Bali!
HIGHLIGHTS OF STUDYING ABROAD IN BALI
- The tropical island of Bali provides a unique setting for your exchange studies.
- The Bali International Program on Asian Studies (BIPAS) is the biggest and the only genuinely international study program in Bali. We have students typically from 10-15 different countries.
- Both Bachelor and Master level courses, workshops, excursions and extracurricular activities.
- Our Destination Manager and interns in Bali assist you to get the best out of your experience.
- The best student feedback.
UDAYANA UNIVERSITY, BALI, INDONESIA
Udayana University, or Unud, is among Indonesia’s leading universities. It is the largest and most renowned university in Bali. Founded in 1962 by the Ministry of Education, the university sports 11 faculties and teaches 22,000 students. The campuses are located in Jimbaran and the capital city Denpasar. Most of the international students come to study in Bali from China, Japan, German-speaking countries, Nordic countries, the Netherlands and the United States.
Udayana University has a comprehensive international network and its different faculties have overseas partner universities in all continents.
COURSES AND STUDYING
Asia Exchange students take part in the BIPAS program in Bali, which is taught in English. The program is ideal for anyone interested in combining academics with unforgettable experiences in an exotic environment.
- Economy and Business of South East Asia BIP1013 (Syllabus)
- Indonesian History, Ethnology, Culture and Customs BIP 1012 (Syllabus)
- International Tourism Management BIP1011 (Syllabus)
- Business Law and Legal Tradition on Trade and Investment BIP1014 (Syllabus)
- Indonesian Language BIP1015 (Syllabus)
- Indonesian Literature BIP1016 (Syllabus)
- International Entrepreneurship BIP1017 (Syllabus)
- International Business BIP1018 (Syllabus)
- Global Marketing BIP1019 (Syllabus)
Three graduate (Master) level courses are also available. These courses can also be taken by Bachelor level students.
- International Relations and Communication BIP1021 (Syllabus)
- International Accounting and Finance BIP1022 (Syllabus)
- Environmental Management and Sustainability BIP1023 (Syllabus)
The program includes courses in business, economics, marketing, law, tourism, culture and languages. The courses include workshops and excursions. Credits are granted in ECTS points and they can be easily transferred to your degree. You can choose between 5–7 courses.
The goal of the program is to increase the students’ knowledge of Indonesia and Asia in an international and stimulating environment. In accordance with the lecturers’ diverse international backgrounds, the program challenges students to a more universal, analytic and interdisciplinary way of thinking and learning.
The course ‘Indonesian Literature BIP1016’ is mainly offered in the autumn semester if the minimum of 20 students enroll.
A BIPAS semester tuition fee at Udayana University is 1840 EUR.
The application fee is 50 EUR.
For non-European students, you may check the fees here.
When participating in two semesters at the Udayana University in Bali, students will be given a 100 EUR discount on the tuition fee of the second semester. The tuition for both semesters is paid before the start of the study abroad program.
In addition to the study place, you will benefit from AE’s services, receive an AE Guide, an AE Student Card, Orientation Days and an Ice-Breaking event at the first weekend of the semester. The study materials are either provided free-of-charge or can be purchased very affordably.
Applying to Udayana University in Bali
Applying to Udayana University is easy and you will get a confirmation from Asia Exchange within a week from sending in your application.
FOR WHOM IS THE PROGRAM INTENDED?
The typical participants are students of business, technology, art, social sciences, political science and tourism. There are frequently students from other study backgrounds as well, who decide to complement their overall degree with interesting minor subjects.
Regardless of your study background, the study abroad period will be seen as an asset when entering the job market and competing for jobs later on in life.
You may also apply even if you are not currently enrolled in any institution of higher education. Studying abroad is an excellent choice for spending a year between degrees or gaining valuable experience after already graduating.