Please note that the visa application process and the list of the required documents may change at any time. Make sure to get the latest information on the visa regulations directly from the Chinese embassy in your home country. Getting a visa to a foreign country should never be taken for granted and cannot be guaranteed by Asia Exchange in any way. Please also refer to our terms and conditions.
Student visa for China
Please check the latest details and prices from your local Chinese embassy’s website where you will also be able to download a visa application form, before applying for your visa. Students are required to apply for a student visa (X visa).
Required documents for student Visa in China
- A valid passport with at least three empty pages for the visa (the passport must be valid for at least 6 months after applying for the visa)
- A copy of the identification page of your passport
- A filled out application form
- One passport photo in color, 4 x 6 cm
- A copy of your airline ticket or an electronic ticket
- The official letter of acceptance from the host university (Shanghai University or Guangzhou University)
The visa must be paid for in cash. The Chinese Embassy grants single- and multiple-entry visas for the purpose of studying in China. Leaving the country during your study abroad period can be tricky and we recommend traveling to other countries before or after the semester to avoid paying extra visa fees.
You must apply for the visa in person at your home country’s Chinese embassy. Some travel agencies also offer visa services where they collect your visa on your behalf, for a small fee. Please note that the visa aplication process can take some time. AE highly recommends not booking early flights dates: we recommend you fly to China only a few days before the semester starts, and return a few days after it ends.
The visa must be used, i.e. you must arrive in China, within 90 days from the day the visa was issued on.