The flight ticket cancellation insurance of HanseMerkur is applicable to all flight bookings of any duration of your trip. Insurance coverage for a cancellation of your flight before departure due to an insured event – e.g.:
- unexpected severe illness
- refusal of a visa or theft of travel documents
- repeat examination
- revocation of a confirmed semester, traineeship or seminar abroad
Find a detailed list of benefits here.
The premium depends on the maximum possible amount of cancellation costs for your ticket.
Table of Premiums
|Flight Ticket Cancellation Cost Insurance (worldwide)|
|Max. cancellation costs up to:||Premium per person|
|200 €||13 €|
|400 €||23 €|
|600 €||33 €|
|1,000 €||42 €|
|1,250 €||50 €|
|1,500 €||59 €|
|10,000 €||4.4 %|
Find the right premium by taking the following into account:
- The flight ticket cancellation insurance is a cancellation insurance especially and only for flight bookings.
- It is applicable to any flight booking (ticket) and any duration of your journey.
- Being a student is not a requirement. The flight ticket cancellation insurance can be booked by everybody. The insurer is HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung AG.
- There is no age limit.
- The correct premium to insure your ticket depends on the maximum possible cancellations costs of your ticket + possible booking fees. If you also wish to insure the risk of flight tax not being refunded by the airline in case of cancellation, please add the amount of tax when calculating the premium.
Please read the Full Terms & Conditions.
- Booking period: At any time until 30 days before departure. Within 3 working days, if travel booking was made during the last 30 days before departure.
- Your insurance policy will be sent to you by email immediately after successful online booking.
Insurer: HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung AG