Most of the exchange students live in shared flats with one to three other people. Many of the flats are in high rises that have a roof top terrace, swimming pool, gym, cleaning staff and security. There are also options for those who prefer to live alone or with local students. The rent for a shared flat is approximately 150–300 EUR a month.
We list more options near the universities in the Asia Exchange Guide sent to you two months before the beginning of the semester. You can find roommates in advance in the Facebook group created for your semester.
The University and its surrounding area offer plenty of accommodation options. There are four in-campus or near-campus dorms available for international students. Both single and double rooms are available. The accommodation usually includes furniture, bathroom, air conditioning, internet and laundry services. The rent varies from approximately 4500–6000 THB per month for a single room, and 2700–7000 THB for a double room, depending on the equipment and facilities of the rooms. Most dorms charge additional fees for refrigerator, electricity, water, television and Internet. Students are expected to pay a deposit before arrival.
- Sita Villa – Both single and double rooms available within 10 minutes walking distance from the campus. Most of the tenants are international students (mostly from Europe) and expatriates working in the area. Standard room single 6000 THB per month; double 6500 THB per month.
- Penthip House – 10 minutes walk from the campus. Single room with a shared bathroom approx. 4500–5000 THB per month, 5000-6000 THB with own bathroom. Double rooms ~3000 THB.
- KTN Apartment – 10 minutes walking distance from campus. Single room for 6000 THB per month, double room for 7000 THB.
- Inter Resident – Next to campus. Single rooms for 5500 THB per month.
The reservations are on the First Come First Serve basis. Accommodation must be booked at the latest 1 month before the semester. The reservation forms and more information about the dorms is available here: http://www.cielrsu.com/accommodation
Those who wish to stay in downtown Bangkok, RSU is accessible by public transport.
- Vibhavadi Tower – One of the most luxurious accommodation options in the area. One or two room apartments, swimming pool, gym, cleaning service and 24h security surveillance.
- Sawasdee Place – Rooms available in different sizes and prices. Electricity is not included in the rent.
- Porn-Uthai Suite – One to three room apartments. Prices range from 12,000 to 45,000 THB per month. The apartments are well-equipped. There is a swimming pool, gym, laundry service and a small restaurant in the residence.
- Mai-Nam Villa – A few small rooms in a calm location approx. 2 km from the university. An affordable and pleasant option, especially if you want to live alone. There’s a small swimming pool in the residence, too.
- TPY5 Service Apartment (formerly Thanpuying Suites) – These well-equipped apartments are only a 10 minute walk away from the university. Very pleasant pool area and a well equipped gym. Monthly rent for a mid-sized apartment is around 12 000 THB (12/2016) including electricity and a weekly cleaning service. TPY5 Service Apartment has recently undergone a renovation. One apartment unit (including smaller private rooms) can accommodate 4-5 students.
- Chang Tower – Apartments in the “Elephant house” are suitable for groups of friends. Spacious apartments, big pool and a sauna.
- Supalai – One to two room apartments, a swimming pool and services such as massage therapists, hairdressers and a small convenience store.
- The Plimplace – Studios, approx. 9000 THB per month. Normally only contracts for half a year. No swimming pool.
- Twin Town Mansion – Several small but affordable apartments.
- Bann Chaliang Apartment
- The Ravipha
- Sivalai Place – the complete package with a swimming pool, tennis courts and a gym. Sivalai Place also accommodates international students from other universities in Bangkok. The staff is very helpful and the location has been popular. You can make a reservation at Sivalai Place in advance by e-mail.
- Supalai Park Ratchaphruek-Phetkasem has received great reviews from students. It has a very convenient location, only 10 minutes walking distance from the Siam University and Bang Wa BTS station. The rooms are very spacious and cozy and there is a great view from the rooftop. There are 3 different agencies downstairs, and the easiest option is to pay a visit here and ask them about available rooms. Students have been very pleased with the service they have received there. Please note that they ask for two months’ deposit and one month’s rent and only accept cash. Price: 9000–16000 BHT per month plus electricity and water
- Other popular accommodation options among international students have been e.g. Amarin Mansion and Siam Complex.